Every website owner knows that keeping site content updated and fresh is paramount for SEO success and customer conversion. When we began offering website design services, we evaluated the merits of many CMS (content management systems) for our clients. We chose WordPress, which has grown into a monster host of more than 58 million blogs, websites, magazines and social networks sites worldwide. In fact, WordPress boasts 100,000 new WordPress sites created each day, many created by our web design company in Naperville.
Here are twelve reasons this multi-faceted web design platform is so popular with the masses and our clients:
1. WordPress is Easy to Use. WordPress is a very intuitive software with a dashboard interface. Users appreciate the ability to add, remove and update text, images, video, etc., much the way they do in document files or sites like Facebook and Twitter. In the rare instance when help is needed, we offer a tutorial website at www.WordPressTrainingInstructor.com.
2. WordPress Has Themes and Custom Design Capability. WordPress offers hundreds of themes or design templates. Although we customize designs for our clients, the smallest of businesses can choose from a WordPress theme, or design template for a professional result.
3. WordPress Provides Independence. WordPress gives clients the ability to make changes to the site on their own. They can access and update content as often as they like, completely independent of the website designer.
4. WordPress Plug-Ins Offer Advanced Features. WordPress has thousands of plug-ins that can be incorporated into a website to enrich usability. Some of our client favorites are contact forms, slide shows, photo galleries and blogs.
5. WordPress is Affordable to Have and Maintain. Many of the software’s most popular features are free, keeping it an affordable way to create a professional result for even the smallest business. Also, when updates are available, WordPress notifies users right on the dashboard so they can be uploaded with the click of a mouse.
6. WordPress Can Be Updated From Anywhere. WordPress can be accessed from any web browser so clients can update their content from any computer….even their smartphone using the WordPress app!
7. WordPress Grows With the Organization. As our client websites grow, WordPress grows with them. For example, after launching their site, a client may wish to add a blog, a stream for Twitter, Facebook or Google Maps or an event calendar. The software can support virtually anything they need.
8. WordPress supports multiple users. With WordPress, more than one person at the organization can help manage the content. Clients can create individual accounts for employees to share the responsibility of keeping the site current.
9. WordPress offers security features. Even though multiple users can be authorized for the WordPress site, the main operator can set limited access features on different user accounts as needed.
10. WordPress Offers Blogging Capability. WordPress originated as a blogging software so it is easy to add a blog to any website. Visitors can leave comments to initiate a dialogue with your site and WordPress makes comments easy to moderate for the user.
11. WordPress Offers an Excellent All-In-One SEO Package. As a Chicago SEO company, we regularly incorporate the WordPress SEO plug-in into our site design. It successfully increases rankings in various search engines by incorporating title tags, meta tag descriptions, etc. for each site feature.
12. Google Loves WordPress. Google continuously crawls for new content and WordPress has the structure and coding that gets Google’s attention.
If you are looking to design or re-design a website, we can build you a WordPress site with enhanced features to achieve conversion and build your SEO. Contact us today.